This post is sponsored by Toyota. Thoughts expressed are my own.
I love living in Columbus, however, I get excited when the fall season arrives because that’s when I travel most to Indiana, my home state. Family and spending quality time together is our priority which is why we enjoy traveling to Indiana to celebrate the holiday season. Traveling with toddlers can easily be a challenge, but experiencing car trouble while on the road an even bigger challenge.
We have been blessed to not run into mechanical issues while on road trips with the kiddos. I don’t want you to run into setbacks while traveling with your family either, which is why I want you and your family to be prepared for your fall travel with Toyota care care kits. (See giveaway entry details at the end of the post.) These kits include everything you need for those unexpected car issues.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the leading cause of mechanical breakdown on our nation’s highway is overheating. With October being Fall Car Care Month, Toyota has partnered with automotive industry expert Jeff Fortson to provide tips for effective car maintenance as the season shifts.
Don’t wait for those winter months to start preparing your car for travel. Do it now, here are a few car care tips Jeff shares:
1. Listen. Pay attention to every sputter, clang from the engine, squealing tires and grinding brakes; your car might indicate it’s time for a check-up. At that point, get your vehicle inspected promptly.
2. Check. As temperatures begin to fluctuate, it’s essential to have your heating/cooling system checked in order to avoid any discomfort while you are driving. Improper maintenance for your heating/cooling system is one of the primary causes of vehicles overheating and breaking down.
3. Change. Replace the essentials — your oil and filters at the recommended schedule. Also make sure to inspect your air, fuel and transmission filters.
4. Power up! Make sure that your battery is fully functional. Have the battery checked and replaced as needed. Stock jumper cables in case you ever get stranded by a dead battery.
5. See the experts. Go to your local dealership. They are required to provide official automotive training for their technicians, which means your vehicle will be repaired by experts. If your repairs fall under the manufacturer’s warranty, you will also be able to receive a discount on maintenance and repairs.
Be safe with your family as you travel this fall!
Win a Toyota Car Care Kit! (2 Winners)
Ends October 30 at 9pm, EST.
How to Enter
COMMENT below and share where you travel most with your family.
Additional Entry: Click the following link to share on Twitter! Tweet: Get car care tips for fall travel and win a care kit! http://bit.ly/1Nj51f7 #FallAutoTips #carcare @MommyWifeLife
Must be 18 or older to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Winners will be randomly chosen and prize will be shipped within 2 weeks of winner announcement. Prize is not deliverable to P.O. boxes.