Pinterest.com has changed the world of crafting, recipe sharing, party planning…EVERYTHING! I often find myself spending hours on the site, soaking up ideas. Once in a while I will actually get up from my computer and actually DO something that I have seen on Pinterest. I recently added a few simple and Pinterest-inspired autumn decor to my house.
(Follow me on Pinterest and I’ll follow you back! Mommy2Tootie)
Decorating my home as the seasons change is something I look forward to. The fall and winter are my favorite seasons to decorate for. Anyone who has been to my home should be able to tell. It is decorated in all earth tones, especially browns and greens. The colors make it so warm and cozy! I enjoy finding inexpensive ways to decorate as well as gathering ideas and items from several places.
Below are a few of Pinterest-inspired crafts that I would like to share. Decorating does not require spending a lot of money! (Read the last sentence again!!!) Many of the items that I use are items that I have had for years but simply reuse them for a different purpose or in a different way every few months. Check them out and then go create something yourself! 🙂
Candle With Unpopped Corn (Pinterest)
- One previously purchased candle holder (bought at Target on clearance–can’t remember the price)
- One candle ( bought at Target on clearance)
- One bag of unpopped corn ($2)
Porch Decor (Pinterest)
- One haystack (free from a photographer we used for the girls’ fall pics)
- Three pumpkins (ranging from $1 to $7)
- One 8″ pot of mums ($4)
- One previously purchased wreath ($5 at Joann Fabrics)
- One vine of previously purchased foliage ($3 at Michael’s Craft Store)
- One pick w/pumpkins and more leaves ($1 at Joann Fabrics)