This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser Honeywell. All opinions are mine alone. #ConnectYourHome #CollectiveBias
I’m pregnant and have begun nesting–organizing, cleaning and preparing for the baby’s arrival. Making sure our home is ready and safe for the baby is top priority, which is why we’ve made our home a little smarter with Honeywell’s Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector.
Every Home Needs It
We became homeowners six years ago. Thankfully, we have not had any major catastrophes, and we certainly don’t want to experience any anytime soon. Emergency situations in the home are stressful and sometimes costly. With kids, financial responsibilities, and life itself, no one has time to worry about things like water leaks and freezes. The Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector offers DIY home protection and an easy way for homeowners to keep an eye on water-related systems. With this detector, homeowners have the opportunity to be proactive, potentially protecting their memories and belongings, and possibly saving a lot of money.
I would not know the first thing to do if there were a leak in our home. That became unknowingly out of control, but with its pretty amazing features, the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector could help my family and I from ever dealing with extreme leaks in our home.
Its features include:
● It being battery operated (AA) with up to three years of battery life.
● It being Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled, connecting to the easy-to-use Lyric™ app, to allow homeowners to see the temperature of the space and to receive a warning of a potential water leak or freeze, when at home or away.
- If at home, homeowners will hear a loud 100 dB siren and mobile alerts for when away.
● A four-foot water sensing cable to place around objects and along floors. It can be extended for additional coverage.
Easy Installation of the Honeywell Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Protector
I’m not normally the one installing things in our home. I like picking things out and handing them over to my handy husband. I do know how to follow instructions, however, things are often a lot easier simply handing them over. The installation of the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector by Honeywell looked simple, (it really is), so I spent just minutes in my basement with the DIY home detector and a couple tools.
How to Install the Detector
- Download the free Lyric™ App on your phone or Wi-Fi enabled device. The app will guide you through the installation process.
- Insert three (3) AA batteries.
- Pair with your device (connect to your Bluetooth).
- Connect to your home’s Wi-Fi.
- “Unplug” the connector port and insert the sensing cable.
- Find good placement for the detector and decide whether you will attach it to a wall or lay it on the floor. This can be a number of places–near your washer, water heater, furnace, sump pump, bathtub, etc.).
- If mounting, find a stud for the screw.
- With a hammer, tap the screw into the stud until a whole is formed.
- Then, with a Phillips screwdriver, proceed to screw in the screw.
- Mount the detector. (Easy peasy!)
Choosing to place the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector by our sump pump made the most sense to us. If ever our power goes out and there is a backup in the water flow, the detector will be the first to know and will quickly notify us. Since living here we have had many storms that temporarily knocked out the power, so our worries will be lessened quite a bit with this addition to our home’s technology. The installation took only minutes but it will provide peace of mind for a long time.
The Honeywell Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector is a part of Honeywell’s collection of connected home devices, including the Lyric™ Thermostat. The Lyric™ thermostat is great for anyone wanting to control their heating and cooling system from literally anywhere and for those who desire to save on their energy bill. The Lyric™ Thermostat uses your device’s location and can automatically adjust the temperature to your liking. If you forget to turn off the air while you’re away at work or on a vacation, turning off the system can be simply done through your device.
Features of the Lyric™ Round Thermostat
Like the detector, the installation is easy, taking just shy of 20 minutes to complete. The Lyric™ app guides homeowners through each step of installation, notifies when temperatures are extreme and when filters need changed, and allows for complete control of your desired temperature.
Both the Lyric™ Wi-Fi Leak and Freeze Detector and the Lyric™ Thermostat offer simple DIY smart home monitoring and great convenience with the control of systems right in your hand.
Which device would you most likely add to your home?