I remember as a kid watching my mom and grandmother taking a lot of time to choose their Christmas cards. It had to be just right–expressing how they truly felt and including a design and art work that represented their beliefs. My mother and grandmother are the queens of sending greeting cards, so every page of their address books was filled with relatives’ and friends’ contact information. No one was ever left out and everyone could count on receiving a Christmas card from those two.
At that time, 20 years ago, the option of choosing a customized Christmas card did not exist. Twenty years ago my mother and grandmother would have loved gathering the family for a quick photo shoot, getting online and within minutes (or hours if you are obsessive, like me) designing custom cards to share with family and friends. I have inherited the love of sending Holiday cards during this time of year and, thankfully, Minted made choosing this year’s Christmas card a breeze.
Minted is a card giver’s dream. Your personalization options are endless. From adding photos, fonts, choosing one of nine die cut shapes, matching envelopes, recipient addressing, and the list goes on. They offer more than Christmas cards, but a true collection of products brilliantly designed by the Minted community of independent artists. I was happy to discover my personalized wrapping paper was created by a fellow Ohioan. I felt like I was buying local! By the way, I can’t wait to wrap gifts with this beautiful paper!
I’m decorating our home with black, white and gold elements this Christmas, so this paper was perfect for adding a little pizazz under our tree.
You Want Options for Your Christmas Cards
I am a fan of traditional decor for the holidays and typically want our Christmas cards to display that. This year, our Christmas cards are traditional, yet contemporary design that allowed me to display what’s most important to me, my family. Photos from a recent fall photo shoot and Minted’s many photo cards options allowed me to do just that.
Other Options I Chose
- To add a bit of shine, I opted for the real foil-pressed option in rose gold, which is exclusively offered by Minted.
- Minted’s Signature paper is thick and luxurious with a creamy cotton texture and going with this option was perfect for my traditional cards. You can also choose 100% recycled paper, Pearlescent paper which adds a subtle shimmer, DoubleThick paper or even TripleThick™ paper.
- Folded card opposed to our usual single sheet photo card
- Photo collage of our family photos inside the card
- Recipient addressing on the FREE envelopes (pictured above). There are several designs to choose from! This option is free for a limited time.
- I chose fun Skinnywrap™ return address labels to save myself from writing on each card. You also have the option of upgrading to matching return addressing (starting at $0.60 per card).
Visit Minted.com to order your Christmas cards. Their turn around is extremely quick, so you still have plenty of time to receive them before Christmas!
I received a Minted gift certificate in exchange for my review through the Savvy Sassy Moms Product Scouts program.
Are you sending Holiday cards this year? Do you go the custom route or buy them by the box?