Picking up flowers from the local garden center. Walking outside with only a light jacket. Sunshine. Beautiful skies. Birds chirping. Spring.
For those of us in the Midwest, the sight of spring appears to be nowhere near, however, it is only weeks away (Yes!). March 20 marks the official day of spring for 2015. For my family and I, spring is normally the time where we burst out of hibernation, begin traveling again to see my family in a neighboring state, go on evening walks to a nearby park and other activities. It is also a time where we organize our home and do our annual spring cleaning. Spring cleaning is essential because over the winter it gets terribly dusty. We have a lot of wooden banisters and railings and keeping up dusting them is not something I have on my daily to-do list. When it is time to clean them, I find a HUGE amount of dust which leaves me sneezing and coughing, due to allergies. Luckily, my mother-in-law enjoys cleaning and helps us tackle the project.
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, one in five Americans suffer from allergies and asthma and approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy. That is a lot of people! Each year, allergies account for more than 17 million outpatient office visits, primarily in the spring and fall. These numbers can be decreased if people choose to combat allergy attacks and related symptoms with some of Chem-Dry’s many expert cleaning tips:
- Use door mats or area rugs in entry ways and high-traffic areas. Door mats and area rugs do a great job of trapping dirt and allergens before they enter the heart of your home.
- Keep carpets and rugs clean. There can be a lot of bacteria and allergens trapped deep down within the fibers of the carpet–including pet dander and urine, dust mite allergens and everyday dirt and dust.
- Upgrade your vacuum. Use a HEPA filter to trap allergens such as animal dander, dust and pollen.
- Regularly wipe down countertops. Dirt, dust, bacteria and allergen particles floating in the air often settle on countertops.
- Check and replace your heating and air conditioning filters. Change the furnace air filter at regular intervals to prevent dirt, dust and other unhealthy particles from being distributed around the house.
- Keep pets clean. Bathe pets regularly and keep them out of bedrooms to reduce the amount of dander spread around the home.
- Allergy-proof your bed. Cover pillows, mattresses and box springs with dust-proof covers.
- Clean your upholstered furniture. Particles like dust, dirt and allergens settle on upholstered furniture. It is recommended to vacuum your upholstery once every other week and have it professionally cleaned once a year.
Chem-Dry, founded in 1977 is the world’s leading carpet and upholstery cleaning service with a network of more than 3,500 carpet cleaning locations in 47 countries, serving over 10,000 homes a day worldwide.
What I like about Chem-Dry
Chem-Dry uses 80 percent less water than typical steam cleaning, so carpets dry in one to two hours instead of one to two days, which makes it healthier for the home. Unlike other carpet and upholstery cleaning services, Chem-Dry uses a hot carbonating extraction cleaning process that harnesses the power of millions of microscopic bubbles to deliver a deeper clean, faster-drying carpets and an overall healthier home. The brand’s primary cleaning solution, The Natural, is green-certified and does not contain any soaps, detergents, or phosphates, making it safe and non-toxic for kids and pets. The health of my children is top priority, so knowing this is a plus!
From March 1 through April 3, 2015, people are encouraged to visit Chem-Dry’s Facebook page and share how important a professional carpet and upholstery cleaning would be to creating a healthier home for them and their family this spring for a chance to WIN A FREE CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANING package valued at $500. Enter the contest by visiting the “Cleaning Giveaway” tab on Chem-Dry’s Facebook page and filling out the entry form.
Visit www.chemdry.com for more information or to request a free quote.
I received Chem-Dry products in exchange for this review. All thoughts expressed in this post are my own.