This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BiteSizedBitsOfJoy #CollectiveBias
Keebler® cookies have been around for a long time. The first time I can remember having Keebler® cookies was when we made our frequent visits to grandma’s house. We could guarantee there was something sweet to eat in her kitchen and headed straight there after entering her home. Most times we could find a cobbler or pie on the table. If not, we knew we could have some of the Keebler® Sandies® that were almost always in her pantry. Those were the good old days.
My mom did not bake as much as my grandmother when we were children, but she also knows how to fill a home with delicious aromas from her homemade desserts. Upon request, she makes a family favorite dessert, something we call Chocolate Storm. It is a cold dessert with all the elements needed for a light, yet delicious and chocolatey treat. I have made it a time or two, but this time around I decided to switch it up a bit by adding some Keebler® nostalgia, making the old, cool again.
I love a dessert made from scratch and Kroger always allows me to grab everything I need in one quick trip. They have many Keebler® choices, but the Coconut Dreams™ make my mouth water. The caramel, coconut, and chocolate work together to make a great cookie.
Adding these cookies to the Chocolate Storm recipe was a great idea, however, not eating the entire package was a challenge. I managed to save some to complete the dessert.
The Keebler® Chocolate Storm is layer after layer of sweet goodness. The crust is simple and gives this treat its firm foundation. If making homemade crust scares you, this one will lessen all your fears. With only two ingredients, it’s pretty much fail proof. Every layer following the crust is one to two ingredients that simply need mixed together. If your children like getting involved in the kitchen, this is a great recipe to allow them to help. Only a couple measurements are needed, which will give the kids less room for error.
The layers of cookies, whipped cream, chocolate, cream cheese and crust work together to create a mouthful of light sweetness. My family typically tops the Chocolate Storm with pecans or walnuts. I chose to crumble the Coconut Dreams™ for an easy and crunchy topping.
This recipe is simple and is sure to make your family and taste buds smile. It’s also a great way to keep the Keebler® family traditions going.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 2 Cup flour
- //Layer One//
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- //Layer Two//
- 2 small boxes instant pudding (one chocolate and one vanilla)
- 3 Cups milk
- //Top Layer//
- 1 small container of frozen whipped cream (thawed)
- 12 Keebler Coconut Dreams (6 crushed and 6 whole)
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter and flour. Press crust with your fingers (or spatula) to cover a 9 x 11 sized baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Once the crust is done and slightly cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly to cover the crust.
- In your now empty medium sized bowl, combine the instant pudding and milk and until completely mixed. Pour mixture in the pan, covering the cream cheese layer.
- Carefully spread the thawed whipped cream on the top of the dessert.
- In a small storage bag, crush six (6) Keebler Coconut Dreams cookies and sprinkle the pieces on top of the whipped cream. Add the other six (6) cookies on the perimeter of the dessert.
- Refrigerate dessert for at least 30 minutes or until set.
Win During the Keebler Sweepstakes
One (1) winner will receive a Grand Prize of one $1,000 Kroger gift card, one (1) winner will receive a $500 Kroger gift card and two (2) winners will each receive a $250 Kroger gift card! No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes closes July 1, 2016.