In recent news we have seen nothing but turmoil and evil acts. Violence and immoral activity is happening world-wide; however I know that what the world needs in order to eliminate the hate and cruelty is men. We don’t need just any group of men, but men who are strong physically, mentally and spiritually. The most important characteristic of the type of man needed to bring change to the world is being a lover of God. Women can help make this happen
Women are no doubt world changers, however, I want us to think of the ways you can strengthen our husbands so he can be the lover of God and world changer that he’s been called to be. When I want my husband to make a change or to come to a realization of anything, I tend to talk. By talk I mean repeatedly reminding him, in an attempt to drill it into his mind. This is the tendency of most women. Face it, we like to talk. I’ve heard that women speak about 20,000 words per day compared to a man’s 7,000. (Those numbers make me want to count my words to see if it’s true.) Needless to say, women are just wired to talk and express themselves. Since men are of fewer words, the amount of words they want to hear are probably even smaller, which is why the words that we choose to speak to our mates should be meaningful.
Strengthen Your Husband
Be An Encourager
When those “I told you so” moments come up, fight the urge to rub it in his face. And when he makes a bad decision, beating him up about it will do nothing but kill his spirit. Stop and find the good and encourage him in a way you would want to be encouraged. Let him know you have his back, help him fix the problem if he’s open to it and remind him of his strengths.
Depend on the Holy Spirit
Everything isn’t worth talking about. Most things are better off being given to God. Allow Him to work on your behalf by speaking to your husband Himself. By being quiet you are giving your husband the opportunity to hear from the One that matters most.
Give Him Resources
An understanding of who he is will cause the most growth in his character and spirituality. Give him books, music, and a Bible that reinforces the messages of strength he needs most.
ESV (English Standard Version) Men’s Devotional Bible
I have read many versions of the Bible. I grew up reading out of the King James version and it wasn’t until recent years that I began exploring other versions. The English Standard Version is easy to read and understand, which makes me want to continue reading passages. This beautifully bound Crossway publication was specifically designed for me and includes features that will facilitate a true understanding of God’s word.
Features of the Crossway ESV Men’s Devotional Bible
- 365 Devotions
- Book Introductions
- 14 Articles
- Dictionary of Key Terms
- Ribbon Marker
- Smyth-Sewn Binding
- Lifetime Guarantee
A strong man will build his faith and trust on The Rock, will raise up a family of Believers who exhibit God’s love to all. God’s love is the answer to all the issues we have in this world. We simply need people to receive that revelation.
Purchase a Copy
Find out more about Crossway
ESV Men’s Devotional Bible
Giveaway (Now Closed)
This men’s devotional Bible makes a perfect gift for the man in your life, whether your spouse or son. You have a chance to win a copy by following these simple guidelines:
- Leave a comment below sharing who you would give this Bible to.
- For an extra entry, VISIT and LIKE the MommyWifeLife Facebook page. Return to this post and comment LIKED. If you are already a fan of the page, let me know in a separate comment stating, “Already a fan”.
- Giveaway ends November 27 at 9pm. Winner will be randomly chosen and notified through MommyWifeLife social media accounts, as well as a reply to their comment. Be sure to follow the blog on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!
“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. This post includes affiliate links.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”
Sponsored by Single Edition Media on behalf of La Brea Bakery
Every day is a good day to show gratitude for something or someone. The month of November is most popular for expressing thanks, especially towards family and friends and this Thanksgiving season you can say, “Thanks” in a big way!
Although each year more retailers are choosing to close their doors on Thanksgiving day to give their employees time with family, some employers do not. Some occupations require personnel to work every holiday, you know, doctors, nurses, law enforcement, firefighters, etc. La Brea Bakery is inviting you to nominate your Thanksgiving Hero–someone you know and love who often finds themselves working on Thanksgiving Day, serving others. Maybe they work in a restaurant or a retail store that requires them to work through Holidays. Bring them smiles on Thanksgiving Day by nominating them, giving them an opportunity to win a fully catered Thanksgiving meal, delivered by La Brea Bakery.
About La Brea Bakery
La Brea Bakery is the leading artisan bread in the United States, and is sold in 7,000-7,500 retail outlets nationwide. Learn more about La Brea Bakery HERE.
How to Enter the La Brea Bakery Thanksgiving Hero Contest
- Visit the La Brea Facebook Page
- Click the “Thanksgiving Heroes” tab to create your form submission
- In 100 words or less, share about your family member (Hero) that you will be unable to share Thanksgiving dinner with
- Submit at least one photograph showing both you and your family member (Hero)
- Submissions must be received by November 15th 2015.
- Finalists will be announced November 17th 2015, after which the public will have a chance to vote for their favorites through November 20th 2015.
- Five finalists will receive fully catered meals on Thanksgiving, delivered by LaBrea Bakery.
Who is your Thanksgiving Hero?
This post is sponsored by Educents. All thoughts are 100% my own.
As a parent and homeschooler, I want to make sure my children receive a well-rounded education that includes an array of topics. I have no problem admitting that I don’t know it all and that I look for great resources such as books, professionals, videos and some media to help educate my kiddos.
Supplemental materials are essential and discovering God’s Big WORLD, one of three publications from WORLD News Group, offered a breath of fresh air to our usual letters, numbers, and phonics learning routine. God’s Big WORLD is a magazine that offers a glimpse into God’s creation for children in grades pre-kindergarten-1st. Issues are full of colorful pictures and photography sparking, children’s interest about subjects that probably would not cross the average parent/teacher’s mind, but provide valuable bits of knowledge.
Our first look at the God’s Big WORLD magazine included:
- Learning about trees and how to tell their age
- Reading and reciting a scripture related to trees
- Taking a closer look at cicadas, which led to us looking up videos to hear their sounds
- Discussing what instruments have strings
- Taking a look at the world map and identifying continents
- Completing a worksheet to work on sequences
My preschool age daughters were totally engaged by all the cool topics and ready to continue with lesson number two. Thankfully, God’s Big WORLD has a website and app that allows learning to continue, even when mom or dad aren’t instructing so the girls had a chance to watch a few videos on the website.
What I Love About The Magazines
- Pictures of real people, objects and places are on every page
- Current world events and culture are shared
- Children can learn fun facts about the world around them
- The magazine is organized by lesson, which allows parents and children to have a structured experience (if they desire) while exploring the issue
- Scripture and inspiration is woven throughout the publications without a cheesy presentation
- Several teaching subjects (i.e. math, reading, geography, etc) are included in each issue
- An easy and great way to share God’s creation and word with your family
WORLD News Group also publishes WORLDkids (suggested for children in grades 2nd-5th) and WORLDteen (suggested for children in grades 6th-9th). Each magazine offers age-appropriate content, as well as interactive websites that include additional content and learning through videos and quizzes. They also have apps that are free to download on mobile devices.
You can learn more about all WORLD News Group publications, how to subscribe to the magazine that best fits your child’s age, including God’s Big WORLD here.
I have been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card for this post. Thoughts expressed are my own.
I will admit, I don’t post recipes on my blog because I am often, well, unmotivated to cook. I know, a blog with the name of Mommy Wife & Life should be full of recipes and kitchen tips, however I have been in a cooking rut and have been uninspired to create new and fun foods.
A recent trip to the Type-A Parent Conference in Atlanta helped me to see my kitchen and cooking skills in a new light. I got the opportunity to learn about and taste some amazing recipes through live demos by Southern chef and author, Virginia Willis. Chef Virginia Willis shared a delicious Apple Pie Smoothie recipe that, with one sip, made you feel like you were in your grandmother’s kitchen.
She whipped up a few recipes for us all while in the LG Studio Kitchen Suite, which featured the new and stylish appliances from the LG Studio Kitchen Line.
After one good look at this beautiful new line of appliances and receiving Virginia Willis’s new cookbook, Lighten up y’all: Classic Southern Recipes made Healthy & Wholesome I was ready to get creative again. The LG Studio Suite made me feel at home and ready to cook up some southern homestyle foods.
The sleek design and look of the LG Studio Kitchen would upgrade any kitchen. Cooking up special meals for the family would be made easier and lackluster moments in the kitchen would be no more.
Some Features of the LG Studio Kitchen Line
- Sophisticated, Timeless Innovation- Cutting-edge appliance technology blended with energy savings capabilities delivery state-of-the-art functionality that goes far beyond just delivering your everyday needs.
- The stylish design of the LG Studio Kitchen Line is an uncompromising approach to design that makes a bold statement in a home and makes stylish addition to kitchen décor.
- Every LG Studio appliance is crafted from the highest-quality, premium materials and meticulously designed to incorporate thoughtful, innovative features for a kitchen that’s distinctly your own.
Best Buy has great offers to help you save on your new kitchen design:
- 5X My BBY Points on all LG Cooking Major Appliances (through 10/31)
- Save an additional $400 when you create your own 4 piece LG kitchen package (through 11/3)
- Get free delivery, haul-away and recycling on major appliance purchases $399 and up
- 18 month financing on major appliance purchases $599 and up or 10% back in Rewards
Would a newly designed kitchen inspire you to whip up new recipes?